How to BAKE ice-cream. This is ridiculous but possible.
3 egg whites
½ cup of sugar
A big thick hard cookie
1 cup of ice-cream
1) Heat oven to 500 F degrees or 260 degrees Celsius?
2) Cover baking sheet in aluminum foil
3) Beat egg whites only, until they form soft peaks
4) Add sugar into egg whites one table spoon at a time. Beat each time you do this.
5) Continue to beat eggs and sugar until you get this thick glossy look. Now you’ve made meringue.
6) Put the cookie on the baking sheet
7) Place frozen ice-cream on top of cookie and cover it completely with the meringue. A thick layer and make sure there are no exposed spots.
8) Bake on lowest rack for 3 to 5 minutes until meringue is light brown.
Why is this science?
I created a foam insulator to protect the ice-cream. While beating the egg whites I forced the air bubbles into the mixture. Those tiny air pockets slowed down the transfer of heat to the ice-cream.
Thus foam is awesome.